• The contest is open to all Filipino youth (students, out-of- school youth and young professionals) from 15 to 25 years old, except current officers and/or members of SENTRO, Alliance of Progressive Labor and/or employees of Social Security System.
• Every participant should fill out an entry form that can be downloaded from the APL’s website (www.apl.org.ph) or SSS website (www.sss.gov.ph). Or send us a private message on this Pangulong Boni facebook page.
• Participants should attach a scanned copy of any valid identification document (PASSPORT/DRIVER’S LICENSE/SSS/TIN/SHOOL ID) to their entry form.
• The form should be submitted to email@example.com. Participants should wait for a confirmation letter to be sent by APL Boni@150 Committee to qualify their participation.
• The organizers have the sole right to choose the persons who shall constitute the Board of Judges in every category. The decision of Judges in all categories shall be final and irrevocable.
• The names of the winners shall be announced on December 21, 2013 (updated), during an awards night.
• By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork (on the Pangulong Boni page, in our newsletters, with credit and links to you, of course).
• Every participant who is submitting an entry is considered to have accepted the rules of the contest, and agrees to abide by them.
• On-the-spot painting contest – 1st prize P6,000, 2nd prize P3,000, 3rd prize P2,000
• Poem making contest – 1st prize P6,000, 2nd prize P3000, 3rd prize P2,000
• Short Film-making contest
(Feature) 1st prize P12,000, 2nd prize P6,000, 3rd prize P3,000
(Documentary) 1st prize 12,000, 2nd prize P6,000, 3rd prize P3,000
• All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
1. ON THE SPOT PAINTING CONTEST – Download Application Form =>> ON THE SPOT PAINTING
• The painting must be based on the theme: “SINO SI BONIFACIO PARA SA ‘YO?”
• The participant should bring his/her entry form and confirmation letter from APL on the event.
• Materials such as 18×24 canvas, acrylic, palette, and extra brushes will be provided by the organizers. You can also bring your favorite art material/s, except digital materials.
• No food is allowed within the work place.
• Participants are required to be in the venue at least one hour before the start of the contest for briefing.
• The contest will be at the front of Ramon Magsaysay hall SSS main building, East avenue QC. And will start at 10:00 AM.
• They will be given five (5) hours to complete their painting. An official time keeper will start and end the contest. He/She will also signal when the last 30 minutes is reached.
• Late comers up to a maximum of 30 minutes will be allowed to join. However, no time extension will be given to them.
• The criteria for judging are as follows:
a. Relevance to the theme – 40%
b. Composition and Visual Impact – 30%
c. Creativity and Originality of Concept – 30%
2. POETRY WRITING CONTEST – Download Application Form =>> Pagsulat ng Tula
• In this category, the participant should submit an original unpublished poem of 100 up to 200 words, together with his/her entry form with confirmation letter from APL-SENTRO. One (1) up to three (3) poem entry/ies per author will be accepted.
• These should be submitted to APL’s office at 94 Scout Delgado St. Quezon City either by mail or courier and postmarked before or on December 01, 2013.
• The poems should be written in Filipino.
• The collection must be based on the theme: “Bonifacio: Ang Unang Pangulo Ko.”
• Every participant in this category has the freedom to use her/his own style in poetry.
• Participants should use Font 12, Arial.
• There should be no inclusion of personal information in the poem sheet.
3. SHORT FILM MAKING CONTEST (FEATURE AND DOCUMENTARY)- Download Application Form =>> Shortfilm making
• Participants in this category should provide a copy of the film together with one-page synopsis (with the name of the cast, director/s, writer/s and other members of the team), good moral certificate, entry form and confirmation letter from APL.
• Entries must be original. Films that are already entered in other competitions will not be accepted.
• The films must be based on the theme “BONIFACIO: UNANG PANGULO.”
• All films should have a total running time of under 20 minutes including OBB and CBB. And should be submitted in either of the following:
Standard Definition: (720×480) mp4
NTSC: 29.97 fps
Using H.264 codec
High definition (1280 x 720) mp4
NTSC 29. 97 fps
Using H.264 codec
• There should be no intrusion of any product or any form of solicitation and endorsement.
• Any video/photo containing rude, unlawful, discriminatory, sexually explicit, or defamatory material will be disqualified.
• Entries must not violate copyright laws nor should they use any brand names or logos. Participants agree to indemnify the organizer against any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from possible violations of trademark or copyright or other legally protected interest.
• Entries should be submitted to APL-SENTRO’s office at 93 Scout Delgado St. Quezon City either by mail or courier and postmarked on or before December 01, 2013.
With the support of Social Security System (SSS) and the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP).