Today, Alliance of Progressive Labor Youth joins the thousands, millions and billions of people worldwide in the 60th Anniversary of Universal declaration of Human Rights. Sixty (60) years of existence , and decade of struggle of the Filipino specially young workers to feel the existence of this policies that the Philippines Government is one of the Signatories.
The Philippine Government specially the this evil regime of Gloria Macapagal Arroyo continually stolen our rights through anti-labor and anti-youth policies, programs and practice such as;
1) Massive Contractualization
2) Drastic growth of Unemployed and Underemployed in the country
3) Unrecognized Student Rights
4) Commercialized, irrelevant and poor quality education that leads to the drastic growth of Out of School Youth (OSY) as well as deterioration of Philippine Education
5) Political and Extra Judicial Killings of the Youth
With this, we call the Philippine Government to stop there illusion that our economy is strong in the midst of present crisis and irrationally push for Charter Change that only protects their vested interest. Instead of Charter Change, push and implement genuine reforms that recognize our rights to;
1) Full Employment
3) Freedom to peaceful assembly
4) Freedom of Expressions and Opinions
We also call the public specially the youth to mass up and denounce the lies that lied behind the Charter Change push by the illegitimate President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo with her cronies and allies!
RODEL P. ABENOJA
APL Youth National Chairperson